Sunday, December 12, 2010

I see them bloom, for me and you

Its the end of the year, and as I was walking from my office to the brewery it strucked my mind that its time to review my resolutions for 2010, how I've done so far, and of course to set resolutions for 2011!

Recalling from my post in 2009, I was struggling more from my personal/ relationship issues and thank god I managed to pull it through nicely and I spent the rest of 2010 happy with my girlfriend now :)

Now my struggle is much more focused on my career and future financial plans, more than anything else.

As 2010 came along, I think I have drifted away alittle from the goals I have set because of other distraction as well as the non existence of a proper tracking of the goals. Come 2011 I shall device a more objective and achievable set of goals. That I shall leave to Jan 2011 before I finalise it.

For 2010:

1. To run more than 100km by 31st Dec 2010 - ACHIEVED (smth I could proudly mention!)

2. To increase my attention span at work by reading important materials at least 2x and make it a habit by June 2010. - this is something that happened half heartedly, like it happens sometimes only.

3. To save a consistent amount of money every month after CNY 2010. - DID NOT ACHIEVE (saved some money based on mandatory deductions by the company for purchasing shares, which reminds me I shud enrol on smth new)

4. Reduce no. of FFK to any respective friends to at most once a month / person starting 1st Feb 2010. - ACHIEVED 70%(reduced tremendously by not over promising!)

5. To have another family trip between September - December 2010. ACHIEVED! A big family gathering at Cameron highlands!

6. To have at least 3 trips with my closest friend in 2010. - 67% ACHIEVED! (Managed only two trips of which both included carmen :) )

7. To finish at least 2 WODs per day for at least 3 days a week. FAILED (didn't manage to do it consistently, and constantly feeling tired after first WOD) - shall revisit!!

8. 42% work, 8% gym, 16% Friends and Family, 33% Sleep - This should more or less be my average daily ratio in 2010. The only constant variable will be between Friends and Family and Sleep.
- I think it has pretty much remained the same, except that work will prolly take up more time from friends and family this time..

Short term goals

1. By March 2010 - buy new running shoes below RM299 - ACHIEVED! Shall revisit in 2011

2. By March 2010 - Finish 30 Muscle ups in 4:10 - FAILED! - stuck with 4:40 - 4:50

3. By March 2010 - Finish 150 double unders in 1:40 - have not attempted!

4. By CNY 2010 - Get the watch fixed! ACHIEVED!

5. By July 2010 - To improve my 20/21 km run to 2:00:00 - FAILED (even went as bad as 2:48:00 due to cramps)

6. By May 2010 - To improve my 10km run to below one hour. ACHIEVED (1:02:00 for 12km)

Well, I achieved 4/8 (by my own standards! :p) goals and 3/6 short term goals which gives me a total score of 50%... Not too bad I would say considering the many variances happening within the year, and some hard to achieve goals. (Considering I do not revisit my goals the previous years!)

I shall achieve at least 60-65% of my goals nx year!


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

1 Comments:

Blogger Carmen Cheong said...

Aw, congrats my love :) shall begin the 2011 resolutions and work on em together from now. i'm proud of u!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home