Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Maybe... You can make me smile when you're around You can be sunshine But even sometimes the sunshine can bring me down

Well I guess its right. You'd feel the routine once you get used to things which is why even in sports, you keep pushing yourself to a higher level, because if keep staying the same, you'll never grow stronger.

And that's the usual complaints we get when we start working; the daily grind - work, eat and sleep. And when you only have so much time to fit those three things together, you start to wonder "Am I doing the right thing for myself?" I'm not saying that everyone gets bored of it or if its a bad thing, but what I'm saying is that to some people, routines are not what we expect in our lives.

I guess I'm kinda hitting that plateau and I'm doing something about it.

Just like in my fitness training, things get fun when you're doing something that you wish to do. I'm meeting new people who make a fresh change to my social circle, I enjoy good music, rekindling my lost interest, and most importantly continuously building relationship with my close friends and family.

I'm actively spending time looking into the things I love, - performing arts, trying my best to get into the entertainment scene - I guess that's how I keep myself away from the routine, and finding that spark again. I'm not ashame to admit that one day I'd like to be famous and rich and so I shall work things to my own advantage. Anyone in the world should do that - I guess everyone's trying their best to reach the pinnacle of maslow's needs hierarchy - self actualization.

I'm not gonna guarantee a success but I'll give it all, but don't overexpect - that's a recipe for being happy, in my honest opinion. What's important is that even if I don't succeed, cos I've only found a million ways that are not working, which brings me closer to discovering what I need to succeed.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jermy Jerm Jerm said...

dun bluff

2:02 AM  
Blogger Striving Beauty said...

Hi Julian :)I saw u at the bash... dear dude dear, please don't smoke indoor, ur ciggy puff was blowing towards my direction and I had to open the window behind me to gasp for fresh air. I din get to talk to u, I just smiled at u and Gary while rushing outta Laundry. And u certainly do write well in a blog. U r right....An aspect of happiness is expect the least out of life ;) I had been through so much and realised not to expect much unless things can done within our means, capacity and control.
Mundane lifestyle makes all of us fall into a routine... It scares me too...the same workout...the same working cycle...the only way for me to break free from the mundane teaching cycle is to try coming out with fun activities with my kids who are dyslexic as I am still learning and striving to be there for them as a friend since I am not a special education teacher....
As for the whole workout routine, doesn't it feel better when the venue of workout is switched? I cannot imagine doing workout in the same place...Too bad we cannot teleport gyms. The only workout I have is brisk walking in the city :D
Good luck with achieving your many resolutions and missions for 2010. See u in more of your posts! :)....
I happen to see u knowing Ezra Vendargon :) Small world as he is a very good friend of mine :D

11:43 AM  
Blogger Striving Beauty said...

Sorry not the bash, saw u at the speed date event.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hey there, its a noble job you have there! And I'm really sorry about the puffs k? I guess I just express myself well that's all.., but thanks! I too, hope you would do well in anything that you are to face! Cheers!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home