Monday, March 02, 2015

price is what you pay and value is what you get

What does being rich mean to you? I remember seeing a quote by Chris rock saying that wealth has nothing to do with having alot of money. It is about having alot of options. before I started chasing a career, I used to aspire to have a lot of money, and then when I started working, I wanted to earn more money than the people around me. alot of times we think that by having more money you earn more respect. But maybe it isn't like that. I could say that after years of meeting new people, older people, smarter people, family people, and all sorts of people, at least I learned something. I don't learn alot directly from anyone, but usually as a result of observation and tryiNg. Being rich has indeed nothing to do with having alot of money. People never have enouth. They keep wanting more. So I learn something here, it's about the options you choose. Its not the amount of money (well it still is to an extent) but what you can forgo in return for something you want more of. If you want an expensive watch then be more prudent on everything else. It's not about buying what you can't afford but understanding what gives you more value In life. If buying a meal for your friends puts a smile on your face then you probably could cut down on luxury meals by yourself. It's not about being stingy, but understand yourself more. I know I could go to a faraway country, so I cut down on things like expensive coffee and cakes. I think that makes me happier. After all they always say a cynic is someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home