Saturday, April 21, 2007

This is the closest thing to crazy I have ever been, Feeling twenty-two, Acting Seventeen

Kudos MTV and DiGi for being the best this time around. Thanks for bringing Good Charlotte to Malaysia. As much as you, Joel Madden, love us, we love you as much as you do. Thanks for playing those old songs from your previous records.

Personal thanks to Justin Lee and Justyne Ang, for giving me a ticket, as last minute as can be, hehe but I really really really appreciate it.



Well, I must say, for some other things, I have them all very organized, but sometimes, I can be extremely impromptu (I didn't mean to lie in my personality test in order to get an interview for a job, I really think I plan well for things, :P). Well, for once in awhile, I stay in the good book of that guy called luck. You know, I've always been unlucky with things, but today luck feels happy and decided to cut me some slack.

By the time I reached ERL, I only had to wait 5 minutes for the train to come, and if I missed the cue, I would have to wait for half an hour. As soon as I reach South Lake City, I was in time to catch the LRT to bukit Jalil. Damn lucky, then walked there and met Justyne and didn't have to line up from the back. Haha. I didn't even thought of how to get home from the gig. Haha luckily the CF guys could give me a ride, luckily there was still place.. haha. I seriously didn't plan a single thing. Actually I didn't even know where the stadium was, but since I could spot a few ang moh kids holding the tickets, then I just sticked as closed to them as I could. But obvious as it can be, its visible after about 20m walk outside the LRT station and I even heard the ang moh said "its so obvious, only a fool can get lost" and I abit terasa la, being a Malaysian, and the ang moh knows the place better than I do.. but I only been there once before this la (my excuse)

There must be about 10 000 people.

The only shitty part was squeezing into a crowd and you can barely breathe inside. And that bald guy in front of me. Swear to god, I'd hammer him if he tries anything stupid like jumping and land on me and his kepala fucking busuk sial. I remember pushing him to the front while he was jumping (everytime any bands said "come on jump!" I sure stress cos the kid in front of me keeps knocking me). The local bands who performed were good, especially Lo who gave us a world class stellar performance. Estrange and OBS were ok, I'd say they sound good and their songs are nice but I don't know maybe the guitars were too trashy.

I'm really happy they played those old songs, bet all the kids there don't know good charlotte's old songs. Just felt that there are way too many secondary school students there. I think if dressed as a St John member or red crescent I'd get to the VIP stage easily. Oh no, I thought if I brought cans of Coke and sell it for RM4, I'd be rich. And those damn food sellers are damn rip off-ers. They freaking sold a 500ml mineral water for RM2! But no choice, smelled to much BOs and felt really dehydrated so I bought one.

I've been a fan like since form 4 (since their first record), so seeing them here in Malaysia tonight is really magical and something I've been dreaming of, this gig is really worth watching.
Good Charlotte has never sound so good! Cos they're playing in Malaysia.

Chee Ling, Me and Sue Ann

This is the closest I can go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grungesaurus Rex said...

Wah...you're so close to the stage? Or your camera can zoom so close? :P Anyway, saw you there too :) Great concert.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home