Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Aren't you glad you're you?

The story is, my sister's boyfriend is a feng shui apprentice of a certain level. He most definitely can't predict the future of the world or give you lucky numbers. He, however, is able to "read" general future facts that may befall us. He has a guide book in which he'll need a few profile facts of the person that he is predicting for. Clearly there will be limitations to what he will be able to do with the guide book.

So... he decided to help us calculate the time that we should move in, and in defense of his predictions, he stated that 3 events would occur. (Predictions are called predictions because everything are still vague and blurry... otherwise it will be called "the truth"). He said generally that if we moved in on a bad date, it would affect our relationship, career etc.. those kinda things you know..

our close friend being a superstitious person, decided that we should heed his words. I told her "Actually its not really about you believing it, but because you have heard about it, you tend to relate everything that happens to it". She then replied "you are right, but its not like he asked us to do extreme things, all we have to do is just wait and see".. Well yeah, she has a point there.

The three things should happen within 60 days after we move in. If it happens, it means that we have moved in the right date. But he did mention that the house's direction and color did not suit our profiles, and thus there might be some tension among us housemates in the future.

The three things are:

1. One of the electrical appliances in the house will break down.
- Our light has just went out last weekend. (Check)

2. One of us will meet a close friend we have not met for a long long time.
- I've just met Matt whom I haven't met for a year already (Check).

3. A stranger will come by our house to look for his/her friend by mistake.
- This is kinda freaky but it hasn't happened yet

There, the things that he said. My life in fact was in a turmoil last weekend. The worst and the best things just happened last week. I have to admit, my bro Matt really made my weekend great last week. Well, I don't know when I'll have that much fun again. You have truly turned into a such a different person, in a good way. But all in all, he's still the Matthew who knows how to have fun.

To put things short, I've made a decision to set things straight for myself, aiming at one thing at a time, and totally focusing on myself this time. I'm not letting anything get in my way of achieving my goal. After all these 2 years I've been thinking what I wanna do and I've finally found out about it and I'm happy for myself. I'm more happy than sad, as I actually achieved something in life. Something productive.

I've had 3 job offers in the past month up to now, and finally I'm determined to accept the offer. Now, I truly understand the statement "believe in companies who invest in its people". Firstly, my new company has offered to buy me out of my company so that I'll be able to start early. I've never been any happier, look at me, I am nothing but just a pawn. And the best part is, its a damn good package, and the bigger package is, its what I wanted. Closer.

The other thing is, my company actually wants to retain me, which I was about to stay if the offer is good enough. If there's anything that pulls me back from quitting my company, it definitely isn't what I'm doing, to be honest, I do not enjoy very much doing this, but I've learned many things. The things that I really look at in the company are the few bosses that I've worked with as well as colleagues who'll help in anyway. I've never been in any other company but my experience is enough to judge a good and a bad boss. :) I'd like to work with my boss again in the future if the situation permits. But at the moment, I'll move on.

So yeah, it was a long weekend, but one that was full with things to think about.

We played this game at friends last saturday. Its something like a card game. There'll never be any other games that I've enjoyed playing so much. Its like "YO!" . Word.

***

Monday blues... Cure? Pushmore


P7071468 (70K)

Me, Jinn (My colleague) and Jon (Owner of Pushmore)

P7071469 (48K)
Jon showing his mad skills
P7071472 (40K)
Me with my kettlebells

P7071477 (50K)
Heavy balls! (Weighted Pull Ups)

070708 (70K)






Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home