Sunday, September 24, 2006

Susan Wong - Just A Little Bossa Nova CD Review

This is definitely an album you wanna listen to relax or when ur at a bar or cafe or at the beach. Susan Wong covers 13 songs and turned them into jazz tracks. The song selection is very good, cos she sings all the songs that are famous a few decades ago which still sound nice (evergreen songs). However, not all the songs are presented very well but overall the CD is definitely a must buy for Jazz fan, she has a very pleasant voice and the music arrangements are perfect though some covers are not as nice as the original ones, for example Beatles' And I Love her wasn't played very well, it sounds ok but a little weird. However, most of the songs are sang very well and the best songs on the record are the cover of Bee Gees' Emotion, Billy Joel's Just The Way You Are, John Lennon's Imagine, Frank Sinatra's Somewhere Beyond The Sea and All The Way and George Michael's Kissing a Fool. This album is definitely worth buying. I can't find her profile although I searched thru Google.. She looks young and pretty however her voice sounds rather older, and I feel that she sounds a little French, the way she pronounce some words.

I'll rate the album 4/5
Great Vocals
Great Songs
Great Music


1. The Look of Love
2. Girl From Ipanema
3. Emotion
4. And I Love Her
5. Somewhere Beyond The Sea
6. All The Way
7. The Shadow of Your Smile
8. Just The Way You Are
9. Imagine
10. Desafinado
11. Get Here
12. If
13. Kissing a Fool

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://jazzhk.blogspot.com/

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've listened few songs by now... i personally find the destiny's version of 'Emotion' is better haha as fav, i would say "Get here", "kissing a fool" and "if" hehe will check it out more later... good share! Jazz rulez*

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

ohh okok thanks rine for commenting.. I'll find other not so commercial artists but have very nice songs and share them out.. anyway Im not sure who u r...?

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...how could you dont know me??! lets take a guess then...Some clues...
1)i jzzzzz sent u few best songs to help you get rid of those boring consumer behavior notes and relax relaxxx
2)i see u almost everyday.
3)One of the WETZ lol
Lastly, you love "The Closest Thing to Crazy" that i sent you v much rite:p haha (cukup to kno who d kua lolz)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very attention-grabbing, You're an excessively professional blogger. I've joined your feed and sit up
for in the hunt for extra of your great post. Additionally, I've shared your web site in my social networks

Feel free to surf to my site Reputation Management

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I ԁo belіeve this iѕ a great website.
I stumbledupоn it ;) I'm going to revisit yet again since I book-marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.

my homepage lloyd irvin

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home