Sunday, December 16, 2007

Life aint perfect if you don't know what the struggles for

Last saturday I finally got my tattoo done.. after a few years overdue. It was kind of a now or never thing, not something very unusual to me but I'd say it was very sudden.


I designed the tattoo myself, with some touch up done by the tattoo artist. A very good tattooist indeed. But I have to admit, that you have to endure constant pain in order to get a tattoo like that done. Worth every single bit of blood, sweat, $ and time.

Actually, everything you do in life, be it right or wrong, there are lessons to be learned. A simple example will be, failing in doing something would mean that you did not have enough preparation and succeeding in something means that you have learned that if you did your homework, you'd be able to make it in anything you do. So regardless of failing or succeeding, either way you learn something valuable.

This is something I learnt from getting myself inked. When I showed the tattoo artist my design, I sort of asked him to change quite a number of things, but he replied "I can't change to many things for you, if I think it is beautiful, it may not be so for you, so the most important thing is you have know what you want". Cos that very tattoo will be following you for the rest of your life...

I was in a short conversation with my friend last night when he said he'd never do a tattoo for the fear of regretting when he's much older. He did admit he's a fickle minded person and that would be the reason why he doesn't want to get a tattoo.. Well, I'll beg to differ, because when everyone told me I might regret stretching my ear lobe, cos this kinda things do not last. I did stop stretching but I didn't regret doing it and if given the social permission to actually do it.. I'd do it.

I love arts in any sense and that includes body art. If I didn't I wouldn't have even thought of getting a tattoo done after my I did my piercing. I believe that I am a fickle minded person, but getting this tattoo done teaches me the fact that at some point of your life, you've gotta learn to make a decision, that would affect your future and there certainly be no turning back. I'm glad I had this tattoo. It all came by at the right place and time.

How far would you go to change yourself?


"Falling down aint falling down if you don't cry when you hit the floor
It's called the past 'cause you're getting past
Then you call it a lesson learned"

No Regrets

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet~

Finally.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice tattoo design, but why a rectangular box? it might get out of shape if you'd ever shrink or expand in the future.

btw, why are your nipples protruding? hahaha

3:14 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

oh thanks, the rectangular box bcos I don't think I'll be continuing the tattoo.. without the box i wouldn't know how to end it.. :)

About the nipples, I really don't know.. maybe I was horny at the time I took the picture..

4:08 AM  
Blogger Adrian Hew said...

hey jules...wow...u got a tattoo!
daring i would say.. :) but cool otherwise ;)
how's work and life man? if i drop by ss2..i'll give u a shoutout eh? is ur hp no still the same?

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeap do give me a shout out wei.. my num still the same.. can always gimme a call.. :) but of cos must bring lots of chicks.. wahaha

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home