Sunday, February 10, 2008

Let My Love Open The Door

We're all reunited again this chinese new year. As ironic as it can be, when we grow up, we get our "license" to do everything any teenager would want to do. As we acquire this "license" we also start to lose interest in those kind of things. Now I don't even bother to go to clubs, I don't bother to drink, I don't bother to smoke or try to go to red district areas. We get lethargic, tired of doing all the things we once think are cool.

To be honest, I always tried to fit in. I wanted to be cool, so I picked up drinking (though I can't), I smoked (I vomitted), I went clubbing (though I can't dance) well at least I was sane enough not to do drugs or pay for a hooker. But the fact is, I was always faking. But as time goes, I started to learn about myself, know what I really like and what I should do. I got more boring, but contented. Now, I just find having tea with my friends is good enough for me.

But luckily enough, this CNY I got to meet up with all my close cousins, a tradition that is quickly vanishing in my family. My mother side is our only chance! We used to have this big gathering every chinese new year as both my mom and dad have many siblings. And since life is simple, we all grow up, and start new lives, the family gathering slowly dies off, all the years back, and years to come.

This year is a good one. Everyone came back to meet up, so at least there's was something to look forward to.. (CNY 2007 sucked on this part). And noise and havoc have never felt so good. Sleeping on the floor never felt this good!! :) And when you're in the midst of happiness, times slaps you on the face telling you its already Sunday! and you've gotta leave! But fortunately, that's when your carried forward annual leaves come into use. Your ticket for more laziness!

A few things to mention...

<3 became a snatch victim 2 days before CNY, but I guess beneath the bad luck that has occured to you, I really believe that it also means that all your bad lucks must be cleared before the new year. So now you're all clean to start the new year :) Don't worry everything will be just find, NOOB <3!

My deepest condolence to you CS, on the demise of a loved one. I will always remember her kindness and the way she cares for people. May she rest in peace.

***

Before I even watched it, I already have very low expectation for Kung Fu Dunk. I couldn't accept how ridiculous the movie is, and how they actually destroyed the sport. That was when I watched the trailer.

I watched the movie a few days back, and perception did not change, except that it actually does have a great plot, but filled with ridiculous and unnecessary scenes and actions. You can say I enjoyed the flow of the show, but the nonscence is something I would have to accept from a comedy made in HK.

It surpassed my expectation, so I just have to admit I somehow enjoyed the show despite the illogically crazy scenes.

***

I had a 2 movie marathon that day itself, where my cousins and I stayed up to watch this Thai movie called Chaiya Muay Thai.

At first, I thought this film revolves around martial arts action with some angsty vengeance story build up like other movies of its kind. However, after watching it, this show is far beyond my expectation. Its one of the best for this kind of genre since I have seen any in years.

Although some sequences of "Chaiya" boxing are well-choreographed that lives up to its standard in its style of fighting. The plot is very satisfactory with subtle and filled with multi-layered storyline, that makes some predictable ending to be easily ignored. The drama in this film, which depicts the lives of three male friends since beginning till the end, is not that much saturated, but full of fluidity. And that's the reason why the storyline emotionally affects and paves a good way for the little twist, at the end, of why each protagonist has later shattered their friendship. Theres a well-woven mixture between drama and martial art that definitely needs laurel. Additionally, besides the director sparking off his promising career, the performances, by many leading actors and supporting actresses, also did a commendable job. The cinematography, back to old-time Bangkok metropolis, is also a joy to watch.

This gem is Highly recommended.

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home