Sunday, August 28, 2011

Can't Believe that I took this long to write this now... About wrong turns in expectations. I really first learned about expectations in my first employment, when my boss told me that that's what you do to your clients, you manage their expectations so they don't come chasing down on you.

One simple way to explain this: I recently watched Conan, well I'm the type of person who checks out the synopsis and the review of a movie before watching it. The reason is, I don't like to get confused watching complicated movies, and of course, most importantly to check out the ratings. But that's the problem.

Most of my friends weren't interested to watch the movie as the reviews were Terrible... Reviews from people from metacritic, rotten tomatoes, etc. These are the people who live to watch movie, of course their reviews would be totally on a different perspective and expectation, we can't solely base our decision based on what they say. It's just as good as asking Jeremy Clarkson to say driving a proton is a good experience. Heck, he has driven a Koenigsegg and a Veyron, what do you expect??

Well my point is whatever that you do or with whoever you are about to start something make sure your expectations are aligned and agreed upon.

I almost couldn't take it when my bandmates bailed out on me, my lead guitarist and bassist. Although I thought we pulled off quite well together, some difference in expectation has led them to leave. The problem is if you don't get the expectations right since the first time, do not expect it to be right half way.

I was caught off guard and I really couldn't take it at first, but I've came to my senses that if someone can just leave without properly explaining, then it's probably not worth it. Which is why it's important to establish why you're doing what you're doing and stay on track doing it.

It's probably nobody's wish that this happen, but certainly it was my fault for not setting this straight in the first place.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Expectations

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home