Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Second Job

Its a tiring day at work, when a regular joe would just want to go home, and just lay down on a couch. Turning the TV on, grabbing a bottle of beer... you know to some, thats therapy. The art of relaxation. Well it'll only work on me if it ain't news.

But I just don't relax that way, thats a Sunday for me. After a hard day's work, all that's in my mind is that I just wanna let it all out. Your mind gets so tensed up with all those shit pumped up in high pressure. The air con's sucking all your sweat up, all you wanna do... is letting it all out.

I just can't live with sweat in my body all the time, I was born to get wet outside and dried up inside. If I have to work hard with my mind at work, I've gotta work hard with my body, thats how I find balance, how my body find fair equality compared to my brain.

People think I'm crazy, my friends think I'm not strong enough. But the fact is; I never wanna be someone else, I don't wanna be strong like Bruce, I never wanna be Chuck, I never wanna be Jackie... I train to be a stronger person compared to my past, I train to look better than I did before. If my mind's gonna do challenging things like taking up new assignments, new work commitments, my body's gotta keep up. I'm not gonna let my body fail.

You see, in life you always have to make choices, but as dichotomous as it can be, there are too any choices to make; do you go on or do you quit? do you eat or do you not eat? do you bow down or do you fight for it? Never ending story. But all in all, it has got so much to do with how long you can live to make all these choices?

Make the big choice; Do yourself a favour today: It doesn’t matter if you’re a man or woman, go to your spouse, sister, buddy, kids or parents and tell them that you have two choices. Option one: not include exercise in your life, accept that you won’t live as long and aging will be more challenging. Option two: include daily fitness in your life and live a longer, healthier life. Tell your friends you aren’t going to preach but that you want to encourage them to follow your example. Lead by example, tell your kids to DO AS YOU DO and end the conversation.

I'm never the best example nor am I a good role model, but I believe I have one of the key driver to live long. So people, what's your choice?

Mark, I've gotta apologize for some plagiarism, but I can't help but agree with you on this.

***

Pushmore moments: Doing the Kundalini.

Eddy, one of pushmore's regular, taught us some of his power yoga moves last Saturday. Lesson 1, the Kundalini - said to be very satisfying if you could execute it correctly. Its a concentration of the spine, where if you expand your stomach and hold up your testicles, do it correctly and you'll be able to experience the satisfaction.

None of us did. We're just ain't that strong


***

Courtesy of some supplier of our company, we were given complimentary tickets to the screening of Mamma Mia! The Movie in Cineleisure. Since some of my colleagues were not free to watch, I had an extra ticket. Well the first two people who came up was Alicia and Janice but its a musical and I promised to go for HSM so before I get into the trap, I offered Alicia a better musical.

Well, I wasn't too inclined to watch a musical at first, and especially at the starting scene, it couldn't be any more cheesier. But as the movie progresses, it gets better and better. The songs are terrific and the star studded actors definitely made it so much better and nicer to watch. I couldn't recall the last musical I watched, must be Evita! I missed Across the Universe, now I just can't help but to look for the DVD.


Back to the movie, The front liners, made a really good job, especially Amanda Seyfreid who played a Daughter who's never met her father(s). All three fathers were extremely entertaining and of course, the ladies' man Pierce, who although can't sing, managed to give a wonderful performance! The settings of the movie are very colorful, and it gives a very warm feeling to the viewers and of course, very dreamy.

Who could resist, running a hotel in a secluded island where only a handful of people live in and everyone knows everyone! A musical not to be missed, it will take you to a funny bone tickling roller coaster ride!



I love Malaysia!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Thanks for the shout out dude and for droping by my site.

Seems like you've got the dedication and strength that nobody else thought you did! And as for crazy? I don't think so!

Props dude...keep it up

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home