Friday, September 05, 2008

a pebble in the water makes a ripple effect, every action in this world bears a consequence

I've been catching up with watching movies lately, and yesterday (Saturday), I watched Money No Enough 2. Its the kind of movie you'd rather watch on the DVD, but nevertheless, its a good weekend movie.

Filmed in a very typical Jack Neo style, the storyline has very rich moral values to accompany the comedic acts. The usual actors play the usual roles, and a few more other supporting casts that adds color to the show. However, the idea has started to run dry, old jokes makes repeated appearance and the actors play very one dimensional roles.

To reinforce the meaning of the story, cases are made slightly exaggerated, but nevertheless entertaining and heartfelt. The most outstanding performance would have to come from Lai Meng who plays the three brothers' mother who has been mistreated due to ageism. A great show for a weekend laugh.

I was searching for something in my drawer and stumbled upon my stash of old letters and greeting cards. Its been lying there for a decade or more, and finally, I decided to just take a look at my old letters coming from my ex-gf, ex ex gf, ex ex ex gf, so on. :P. Well and of course letters from my pen pals. I have to say, my pen pals were more of my mom's pen pals, as she wrote all the letters for me, cos I had nothing to talk about... I was a pretty decent and quiet boy back then. But then I saw this letter stating "I have a secret, and its a big secret. I have a boyfriend, and you are the only one I am telling this to, so please do not let anyone know, not even your family members". Well, my mom was the one doing all the writing, so you get the drift.

The same girl actually said "my cousins are asking about your sister, is she beautiful? They are crazy!" and "I can't believe my brother is in love with your sister, maybe they should get to know each other!". When I was reading the letter I was thinking aloud and I told Nic, "my god, they never even seen my sister before and have already fallen in love!"... "Kids..."

Its kinda funny when I look back at those letter, and Nic suggested that I try looking up in facebook to see if they're hot now, and insisted that everyone would have one account in facebook. I've given a shot, and true enough, I found them, and both of my pen pals happen to be kinda hot! Its kinda creepy to actually drop a message to them saying "hey if you're the one staying in ---,----,---, we used to be pen pals" but what the heck...? Right?

Well of course, I didn't search for the guy pen pals I had last time... Haha

***

Pushmore Diaries


Ring Dips for the triceps and shoulders!


Pullups on my mighty dangling ball of fury (16kg)




1 Comments:

Blogger Hi I'm ken. said...

I want to know ur guy pen pals!

GIME THEIR FACEBOOK NAO!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home