Thursday, October 05, 2006

Weird Al's latest Album "Straight Outta Lynnwood"

Weird Al Yankovic has always been my favourite pranksta! All his songs are hilarious and polka packed with good stuffs! haha.. I first heard him when he made a parody out of Don Mc Lean's American Pie, and he sang about Star Wars when Episode 1 came out not long after, I don't know if it made its way into the soundtrack or not.. Anyway, this latest album here consists of mostly parodies that are really funny and infectious..

Just FYI, he also did parodies for some of his videos like Michael Jackson's Bad (his version is Fat), Beat it (Eat it), Madonna's Like a Virgin (Like a Surgeon), etc etc. Oh yeah he also did his own parody out of President Of The USA's Lump (his version "Gump", about forest gump which is extremely hilarious).

Here in this album the most significant cover will be Chamilionaire's Ridin. In Chamillionaire's version he sang 'ridin' dirty' during the chorus but Weird Al sang 'White and Nerdy'.. Its extremely out of the world and supercalifragilisticexpielidociously funny!

He also covered American Idiot and made it Canadian Idiot, Usher's Confession's I and II and made it Confessions part III, oh I guess you could check it out yourself. Definitely a must buy album for all the Weird Al Yankovic fans out there.

Here's the list of song:

Disc: 1
1. White & Nerdy
2. Pancreas
3. Canadian Idiot
4. I'll Sue Ya'
5. Polkarama!
6. Virus Alert
7. Confessions Part III
8. Weasel Stomping Day
9. Close But No Cigar
10. Do I Creep You Out

Disc: 2
1. Don't Download This Song
2. I'll Sue Ya'
3. Virus Alert
4. Close But No Cigar
5. Pancreas
6. Weasel Stomping Day


I rate this album 4/5 stars. Not original but super creative!


MALAYSIA ROCKS!
I will love you for the rest of my life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home